Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation protected with acrylic coating.
Polyurethane foam insulation is a two component polyurethane system formulated to obtain closed-cell rigid foams to be sprayed-in-place for thermal insulation. The system contains approved ecological foaming agents that are not ozone Depletion potential and are mainly used to obtain excellent thermal insulation.
Polyurethane Spray Systems are applied by spraying with a high pressure equipment fitted with heating, with a mixing ratio 1:1 in volume. Their main applications are the thermal insulation of building closings, houses (partitioning), industrial buildings, tanks, cool stores etc. The application type (Roofs, flooring, buildings etc.) defines the applied Density of the System.
ADVANTAGES IN APPLICATION
- Total suppression of thermal bridges. The insulation presents neither joints nor cracks, since it is a continuous insulation.
- Good adherence to the substrate. No glues or adhesives are needed for the installation.
- Possibility of insulation and waterproofing in a single process. This characteristic is due to its closed-cell and watertight structure, as well as its continuous application, which means that no joints are formed.
- Mobility. It is possible to get to any site quickly without having to transport or store bulky products such as other insulating materials.
- Cavity sealing for sound insulation-absorption.
- Increase of the living area compared to other insulating materials.
PROTECTION OF THE FOAM
Rigid polyurethane foams applied outdoors are darkened and brittle by the action of UV radiation. Thus, all foams that are to be used in these conditions must be protected with a suitable coating (e.g. acrylic coating). The ideal coating is the one that meets the following requirements:
a. Physical Properties
- Resistance to atmospheric and chemical agents.
- Good tensile strength.
- Good foam adherence.
- Resistance to UV radiation.
b. Regarding the application
- Fast drying.
- Possibility of spray gun application.
The thermal conductivity coefficient of calculation is 0,028 W/mC°
ACOUSTIC INSULATION OF CLOSED CELL FOAM
The contribution of the sprayed polyurethane rigid foam to the acoustic insulation of perforated brickwork is the following:
For 15 cm perforated brick it is 40 db
For 15 cm perforated brick +2 cm sprayed polyurethane it is 47 db
For 15 cm perforated brick +3 cm sprayed polyurethane it is 47 db
For 15 cm perforated brick +4 cm sprayed polyurethane it is 49 db
For 15 cm perforated brick +5 cm sprayed polyurethane it is 52 db
Our company offers a different density polyurethane spray applied systems for Roofs, Flooring, farms, tanks etc applied according to the density required in each case.
Why Polyurethane spray foam insulation?
- More money in your wallet by cutting down heating and cooling costs up to 40%.
- Eliminating dust and allergens.
- Greatly reducing noise from external sources.
- Improves your health and overall comfort level.
- Provides a continuous seal that can prevent drafts and allows for easier control of indoor temperatures.
- Air sealing home’s structure from exterior elements.
- Helping the environment by reducing heat loss and thereby using less energy to keep your home comfortable round-year.
Now is the perfect time to investigate the many advantages of spray foam insulation. Homeowners will also be pleased to know that there are governmental programs in place that will help pay 50-75% of the cost of spray foam insulation for upgrading your house to energy efficiency category B or A. For more information contact our Office.